Hotter, harsher conditions are testing the limits of current engine materials and the component design. Learn at IQPC’s conference Smart Automotive Engine Materials, 22 -23 October 2012 in Karlsruhe how new materials as well as material mixes must be designed to withstand the combination of higher temperatures, corrosive chemicals and higher pressures within the modern engine.
Engines must not only become more enduring, but also lighter and even more efficient. Which challenges need to be faced to fulfil the lightweight goal, using innovative process technology at the same time? To answer this question and many others, the following topics will be discussed by a selected round of high-ranking experts from industry and research institutions:
- Discover the right material in the right place to ensure smart lightweight engine design
- Examine a 4-cylinder high performance diesel engine`s crankdrive system to discover the optimization of components
- Learn about the progress in aluminium heat treatment – green heat treatment of engine components such as cylinder heads
- Explore the use of DLC-coatings to reduce friction in the powertrain of passenger cars
- Discover lost cores technology and explore new perspectives in die casting
Representatives of companies such as BMW Group, Daimler AG, Ford Motor Company, Fraunhofer IPT, Schaeffler Technologies AG & Co. KG and many others will be present to interactively exchange experiences and ideas of how to solve the most recent challenges of smart engine materials.
For more details, please see http://bit.ly/smart-engine-materials
T.:+49 (0) 30 2091 32 74